In case you are planning to buy one of these, but are confused that which mattress is better: Memory Foam or Spring mattress, then let us walk you through the differences between these mattresses. This will help you decide which mattress you should go ahead with.
Memory Foam Vs Spring Mattress
Here is a quick comparison of Memory Foam mattress and Spring mattress:
Firm Enough to Support Your Body
The ideal mattress is one, which helps the body rest in its normal alignment. Normal alignment is one, in which the spine does not feel any stress. So, the mattress needs to be firm enough to not let any part of the spine sag. If any part of the spine sags, it may injure the spine and cause back pain orhttps://www.sleepspa.in/shop-now/ lower back pain. So, the mattress needs to offer the firm support to the back. However, the firmness should not be too much which discomforts you.
- Memory Foam Mattress: A memory foam mattress offers a medium firm support to the back. It is not too soft not too firm to cause pain. It perfectly adjusts to the contours of the body and aligns with the natural curves. These mattresses offer ideal firmness, but not hardness.
- Spring Mattress: A spring mattress is usually a bit bouncier like pocket spring. However, it does offer good firm support, in case of Bonnell Spring mattress, but for senior people, the pressure offered by springs might be a bit much. In such cases, Memory Foam mattress might be a better choice.
Does Not Abate Allergies
Allergens like dust mites are mostly responsible for respiratory allergies. If people, especially children, sleep on mattresses which harbour dust mites, they can suffer from such allergies. This is why it is very important to buy a mattress which is antibacterial.
Luckily, both Memory Foam mattress, as well as Spring mattress, provide good protection against these.
- Memory Foam Mattress: A good quality memory foam mattress would have an anti-bacterial fabric, that would not harbor such allergens. Also, tiny holes throughout the memory foam mattress provide good ventilation of air, so that stale air does not gets trapped.
- Spring Mattress: Spring mattresses are even better in this area. As is the case with memory foam mattress, a good spring mattress would also have a good anti-bacterial outer cover. On top of that, springs, by default, have a lot of air vents, which provide a free flow air circulation. This discourages the growth of molds and fungi.
Being resilient implies that these mattresses get back to their shape readily after releasing the pressure. Being resilient is a criterion for good mattresses. A resilient mattress ensures that its contours and firmness don’t change with use. If the surface of the mattress sags with time, it will no longer be able to support the back in its normal alignment. The spine would develop a curvature while sleeping. This will hurt the spine and cause back or lower back pain.
- Memory Foam: Memory foam mattresses are much more resilient than spring mattresses. This is because they do not have any mechanical parts that might start sagging.
- Spring Mattress: Spring mattresses lose their resilience with time since the springs lose their elasticity with time. Pocket-spring mattresses are able to retain their resilience for a long time.
Durability is another aspect to consider. Some mattresses last longer than other mattresses. If Durability is an important aspect for you, then here is how memory foam and spring mattress fare in that area:
- Memory Foam: A good quality memory foam mattress is quite durable. These mattresses are able to withstand wear and tear with regular use.
- Spring Mattress: The durability of spring mattress is generally lesser than a memory foam mattress, but the durability is often dependent on the quality of the springs. Sleep Spa Spring mattresses use springs made of very high quality of materials, and both the mattresses actually have the same warranty.
A Mattress which is non-breathable cannot remove the heat trapped inside. This results in uncomfortable sleep. This is why buying a mattress which can pass air through it is very important to have a comfortable sleep.
If a mattress is not breathable, it means that it does not let air pass through it. If it does not let the air pass through it, it cannot remove the heat trapped inside. If the heat remains trapped, you can hardly have a comfortable sleep.
- Memory Foam Mattress: These mattresses are breathable. A good quality memory foam uses optimum density memory foam, which lets air pass through. However, as the density of foam increases, it becomes less permeable to the flow of air.
- Spring Mattress: As we mentioned earlier as well, a spring mattress typically has more breathability than a memory foam mattress, due to gaps between the springs. However, some spring mattresses might be enclosed in cheap materials, which might actually end up trapping the heat inside. So, make sure you go with a good quality spring mattress.
We did start this comparison stating that we’ll try to find which mattress is better: Memory Foam or Spring mattress. However, the fact is that they are both good mattresses. Both of them have their own set of advantages, and the one you should go with depends on your personal need. We hope the comparison above helps you make the right choice.
All you have to do is select a mattress according to your preference and buy that mattress from Sleep Spa, India’s best mattress store.
For more details, visit: www.sleepspa.in/
You can also Call/Whatsapp on +91-9837058451 and get assistance in choosing the right mattress.
To know about Sleep Spa offers, sleep tips product launches and mattress coupon codes, Follow us on-