It is an undisputed fact that Sleep plays a vital role in your mental and physical well-being. Sleep regulates the overall working of your day-to-day activity, manages your mental health, improves your quality of work. Moreover, it manages your relationship by keeping you happy and stress free.
Connection Between Sleep and Mental Health
Sleep deprivation is a common problem, especially in the younger generation who are having a tough time in this competitive ever-evolving world. Lack of sleep leaves your body exhausted. Hence, you feel irritated which results in long-term mental health consequences such as stress, anxiety, diabetes, insomnia, etc.
However, it can even be another way round situations where mental health issues can cause insomnia or disturbed sleep leading to major psychiatric conditions. Experts believe that proper 8 hours of continuous undisturbed sleep plays a dual role in shaping your mental and physical personality. It keeps you free from major mental health issues that are usually left unnoticed at the early stage but causes a long-term impact on your life.
Common Mental Health Issues Due to Lack of Proper Sleep
- Stress: Tossing and turning all night to find the right comfort on your bed, causes an irritated and stressful morning. This has a direct impact on your work quality and your relationship. You remain annoyed, become short-tempered due to loss of productivity which impacts your normal thinking and survival balance.
- Anxiety: Sleep and anxiety are inter-connected. People with anxiety issues find it difficult to sleep at night. Similarly, sleepless and disturbed nights may give rise to anxiety issues. Pandemic has increased the number of such cases. This is because of their surrounding pandemic condition which gets more triggered, if they don’t get a proper good-night sleep.
- Chronic Heart disease or Diabetes: Waking up due to disturbed sleep environment or because of over thinking at night may cause serious health issues, one of them being heart disease. The connection being remote, is often overlooked and you keep sleeping on that uneven and uncomfortable mattress. You end up tossing and turning all night to find the right balance and end up with stressful sleep.
Sleep Solution To Avoid Mental Health Issues
Be it stress or anxiety, a relaxing sleep will solve half your life issues as your mind would be active and fresh again to think in the right direction. You can easily find solutions to your issues that had earlier taken away your deep sleep.
- Buy a pressure relief mattress: Your mattress plays a pivotal role in deciding your sleep quality and performance throughout the day. A disturbed sleep means, lethargic day and a heavy head leading to mental stress and tiredness.
Before investing in anything else, it is time to change that uneven mattress that is causing you to toss & turn all night. You should not have to move around to find that space and comfort for your body. Sleep Spa Premium Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress is made for those struggling with sleepless nights as it helps alleviate stress and pressure points across your entire body.
The 7-zone mattress gives extra bouncy support to your body and eliminates any extra pressure and uneasiness. Memory foam enhances the comfort and its advanced air-regulating technology keeps the mattress fresh, cool and hygienic.
- Keep your gadgets away from bed: Don’t sleep with your electronic gadgets around your bed. The blue light on the screen makes you believe that it is still day time and you struggle to sleep on time. Moreover, the more you scroll your screen, the more time you waste and reduce from your sleep hours. Give thinking space to your brain, let it be free so you can think productively.
- Have Green Tea Before Bed: Try your favourite green tea, preferable chamomile green tea which is known to relax your mind and triggers sound sleep.
Well, these are some of the ways to relax your mind and stay away from mental health issues. However, if the issue still persists, it is advisable to see a doctor and find the right solution.
Buy a comfortable, healthy and hygienic mattress for undisturbed sleep today, use code RAKHI20 and get an extra 20% off on all mattresses.
If you are looking for natural latex products, visit https://www.sleepspa.in/
To know about Sleep Spa offers, sleep tips product launches and mattress coupon codes, Follow us on-